Looking up.

8:55:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Things have been tough lately. And by things I mean money. And bills.

I worked so hard for 2 years and saved all of my PTO for maternity leave, and was blessed with 10 weeks of 100% paid leave when Logan was born. But while I was out Nick made a career change that not only decreased his pay, but also made it near impossible for me to return to work. Logan is 3 months old, and I've worked one shift. Unfortunately we are a 2 income family out of necessity.

Just when we were about to make some drastic changes that would have long-term effects on our finances, happiness, and marriage, a perfect opportunity arose. The chance to work a few shifts this weekend around Nick's work and drill schedules (ANOTHER drill weekend!). I will be headed to work tonight after Nick returns home and the rest of the world is sound asleep, and I will race home before the sun comes up to take over mama duties while Nick travels for a long Army day. I will take care of my little man all day, then head back to work for 11 hrs tomorrow night. And just when I think I can't go any longer without sleep, I will work a full 12-hr shift Sunday night. This is my chance to prove I can do anything for our family, and our first true test of parenting. We've survived worse.

I'm looking forward to this weekend as a challenge. I'm ready to prove that I can do it all when times get tough. I refuse to sit back and watch everything we've worked so hard for slip through my fingers. At the end of the day I will do anything for Logan. He is worth a lifetime without sleep. And despite the challenges he has brought to our family, I wouldn't change it for the world.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: