dear Adaleigh (6 months)

9:08:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

"Let her sleep for when she wakes she will move mountains."
~Napoleon Bonaparte


my sweetest girl,

Those words describe your blossoming personality perfectly. There isn't an obstacle too big or distance too far for your tenacious spirit. You are wild in the best of ways.


It doesn't seem possible that there was ever a time without you in our family. You are a ray of light in our home, and even your brother can't take his eyes off of your beautiful face. We are addicted to you.


You have your mama's looks, your brother's giggle, and a heart for your daddy. I don't know what we did to deserve you, but I thank God every day for bringing you into our lives.


You are a free spirit, and show no fear of the world around you. I hope you never lose sight of who you are and what you hope to become. I pray that you know just how much you are worth in this world.


I hope you know that you can dream; never let anyone think you have to settle in this world. There may be a way that everyone else is doing something, but open your mind and your heart, and lead with courage. You were made for great things, and I will always be here to remind you to keep striving for more.


The doctors worry that you're small, (12 lbs at 6 months!), but they don't realize how much you have packed in your tiny little frame. You are petite, but mighty. I know better than to ever underestimate you. 


You are our most precious gift. Your wide smile and contagious laughter fill every room in our home. No matter how trying the day, or how sleepless the night, one simple look from those beautiful eyes reminds me that it's all worth it. You, my dear, are worth it.


There's something special between a mother and daughter, and I've felt it from the moment I laid eyes on you. There isn't a girl in this world I'd rather be with. No matter how long I hold you in my arms, it is never enough.

There will come a time that our little family isn't enough for all that you want in life. No matter how far you travel, I hope you know that there will always be 3 people in this world waiting behind with a shoulder to lean on. We will protect you, love you, and let you fly free.


We could spend 100 years together, and it would never be enough. You are my sweet sunshine in a world of trial and hurt. You and your brother make this world a beautiful place.

Love always & forever,
Mama


You Might Also Like

0 comments: