pregnancy cravings

8:39:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I have had an abundance of pregnancy cravings since the early days after those two, beautiful pink lines appeared before my eyes. I have craved everything from grape soda to chai tea, peanut butter & jelly to fancy fondue, and a little of everything in between. The moment I fulfill one craving, I already have a list of new ones adding up in my head.

None of this is surprising, of course. But what I have found interesting is my newest craving... everything fall/winter. The first time I saw a commercial for Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte (always a favorite of mine), I found myself drifting off to heaven. I'm craving pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, pumpkin butter (which conveniently stays stocked in my refrigerator year-round thanks to the farmer's market), and even carving a pumpkin. Today I would have done anything to be able to put a Christmas tree in my house. I'm craving the smell like you could never believe, and I'm dying to be engulfed with the feelings that can only be found around the holidays.

Maybe because I've been holed up in my house all summer long with this ridiculous heat intolerance... or maybe because by the time the holidays are here this sweet, precious baby of mine will be a few short weeks away from entering the world. Whatever the reason, fall cannot come fast enough. I'm dreaming of boots, sweaters, scarves, and snow on the ground. Thank Zeus tomorrow is the first day of September.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: