6.1.11

11:45:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

June 1st, 2011.  A day I will remember forever.



I’ve had mild cramping since finding out about my pregnancy at 4 weeks, but this past weekend I had cramps at a whole new level.  The cramps were severe, waking me up in the middle of the night and keeping me in tears, and seemed to become more frequent and more intense as the days went on.  I’m back to having frequent but mild cramps, but Nick insisted that I call my OB/GYN’s nurse to get her opinion this morning.  



She did not seem overly concerned, but did schedule me for an ultrasound tomorrow morning.  I am absolutely terrified.  I have read everything I possibly can on early miscarriages, which has done everything but make me feel better.  So far I have escaped bleeding and all of my mild pregnancy symptoms have continued, so I am taking that as a good sign.  Unfortunately I am far too aware that miscarriages happen without symptoms and without bleeding. 



So tomorrow at 11am our lives will change forever.  We will either receive devastating, heartbreaking news, or we will get the first peek at the little one growing strong inside of me.  I have done everything I can today to stay distracted and keep an optimistic look toward our future.  I can’t imagine spending 2 1/2 years battling infertility, only to be surprised by an unexpected pregnancy that ends before it has even become real.



Please keep my little sunshine in your thoughts tomorrow.  If all is well, we’ll be on our way to NC tomorrow evening to share good news!

You Might Also Like

0 comments: