6 weeks!

5:35:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

I made it to 6 weeks on Saturday…. in some ways I feel like it’s been months since I found out and that time is slowly creeping along, and other times I feel like this pregnancy is going to fly by.


Not much has changed in the last two weeks.  I still have moments of shock that this is really happening, but for the most part it has become such a big focus in our lives. And between the cramping, nausea, heartburn, sore boobs, backaches, and whining, I’m starting to feel pregnant.  I’ve also lost the ability to suck my stomach in, but I’m actually looking forward to watching this bump grow in the coming months.  


It’s also been exactly 14 days since my last cigarette, and 15 days since my last cup of coffee and glass of whiskey.  I can’t say I haven’t missed them, but it has been so much easier than I ever imagined.  I’ve always struggled with quitting smoking and wasn’t sure how I would handle it.  The day after I found out I wore the lowest milligram nicotine patch available, but since then have quit cold turkey.  There is no greater motivation to quit than being blessed with a miracle you never thought possible.  I am amazed at how easy it has been, and I must admit I’m pretty freaking proud of myself.


In 2 short days we will be on our way to NC to share the news with our families!  I absolutely cannot wait.  It has been such a challenge to keep this news to ourselves.  It has now been weeks since I’ve talked to my mom (we usually talk on the phone daily), because I know there is absolutely no way I could keep my mouth shut.  I almost feel guilty for not telling her sooner, because she was naturally the first person I wanted to tell, but it was so important to me to tell her in person.  I can’t wait to see the looks on their faces!  


Happy Memorial Day to everyone!  Please keep the soldiers and their families in your prayers today, especially those that have sacrificed everything for this country.  I am blessed that this Memorial Day will be the first in 3 years that my husband is home safe, rather than fighting for our freedom across the world.  My heart goes to all of those who are less fortunate.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: