on my heart.

9:05:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I remember all too well the heartbreak and tears of infertility. Our journey to Logan wasn't easy, and every day of disappointment is burned in memory forever.

My heart aches for those still struggling with infertility.

I feel guilty that we were blessed with our little man, when for so long it seemed like it would never happen. I want to reach a hand to those hurting, but too often I stop myself before words can leave my lips. Did we struggle long enough? Does anyone that has lived with infertility for 5 or 10 years want to hear the sympathy of someone that only experienced it for 2 years, and now has a perfect baby boy sleeping upstairs? I remember far too well hearing the stories of those that had once been infertile, but they always fell on deaf ears. All I could think was, "but now you have a baby". 

My thoughts are sincere, but I don't want to rub my blessing in anyone's face. I also don't want to be the person that provides false hope, because I got pregnant. I heard plenty of those stories myself, and I promise they do nothing for a hurting heart.

It's so hard to find the right words to say to someone grieving, and I can't say that I ever found something said to me helpful at the time. So for now I will keep my head bowed, my ears open, and my heart heavy... and my lips will stay sealed.

If you are one of the many out there hurting right now, please know that we never forget. We've lived it, and we feel your pain every day no matter how different our lives may seem.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: