hurry up & wait... or don't

9:44:00 PM Unknown 1 Comments

A little known fact about me: I was this.close to joining the Army Reserves Nurse Corps. Not back when I was fit and young... more like a little over a year ago when I was in decent shape and getting older everyday.

I have so much admiration and respect for our soldiers, and I am so proud to be the wife of a Sgt in the TN Army National Guard. I wanted to join the Army for quite some time before I convinced the husband... and I still only managed to convince him to let my join the Reserves. I wanted to prove to myself I could do it, I wanted to serve my country, and the student loan payoff was an added bonus. It seemed like the perfect life for an infertile 20-something.

As my final paperwork was being submitted I was surprised with 2 little pink lines that forever changed my life. Looking back I can't imagine if my paperwork had been completed just a few months sooner, or those little pink lines showed up just a little later than they did. I have a feeling I'd be snuggling my sweet little boy in Canada right now.  I cannot imagine leaving him for weeks, or months, or even a year at a time. My heart couldn't handle it.

To those soldiers that leave their families and little ones behind to serve our country, THANK YOU. There truly is no greater sacrifice. You are the strongest, bravest, and most selfless individuals, and I am proud for you to represent our country. Most of us could never do what you do.

I'm grateful for the way life turned out for me, but I can't help but get a little jealous when I see videos like this:


If my husband's training, schools, and deployment is any indication, it really can be this much fun.



You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. I'm your newest follower from the TGIF blog hop. I truly believe in destiny and the "everything happens for a reason" theory. Obviously there was a bigger plan set in motion than you ever dreamed possible. Can't wait to read more. Come check me out at graceful-disaster.blogspot.com and themotivatedfatgirl.blogspot.com. Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete