random sunday thoughts

12:52:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I got the best nursing education available in Tennessee from the accelerated nursing program at Belmont University.  I'll be paying for it for the rest of my life.

When Nick told me that we were moving from the sunny beaches of Wilmington to a city in Tennessee I'd never heard of (if you aren't familiar with MTSU, you probably haven't heard of Murfreesboro either) I thought "at least I won't have to deal with hurricanes anymore".  I didn't realize I'd be trading a couple of hurricanes a year for weekly tornadoes (and now ridiculous flooding).

There are 27 colleges and universities in Nashville.  Many of them offer nursing programs.  No wonder it's so hard to find a nursing job after graduation.

My dogs are incredibly loving, sweet, and innocent.  I think I take them for granted far too often.

I would move to Chattanooga in a heartbeat.  Aside from being the home of most of my extended family, it's one of my favorite cities.  Just spend a day walking the riverfront streets downtown, and you'll know what I mean.

I am dying to live in an old, historic Craftsman home.  I'm constantly browsing what's for sale in downtown Nashville, Winston Salem, and Wilmington.

I'd never heard of straight line winds until I moved to Tennessee.  If you haven't experienced or heard of them, consider yourself lucky.

My tattoo is almost out of the itching phase.  And for that, I am thankful.

The month of May produces the most rainfall on average of any other month in
Nashville.  The average is 5 inches.  For the whole month.  It's May 2nd, and so far we've had 15 inches of rain in the last 24 hours.

Nick has been gone for 148 days... 5 months.  I think that's long enough.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: