I'm okay.

7:22:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

It's amazing the difference a day can make.  My Sunday has been busy getting back into the routine of everyday life.  There was laundry to be done, floors to be cleaned, and errands to be run.  I've also spent a good majority of today making my first care package for Nick to celebrate Valentine's Day.

It wasn't that I didn't miss Nick today- I always miss him when he's gone- but I didn't let it consume every minute of my day.  I focused on myself, and tried to ignore my aching heart as much as possible.

My career as an RN officially begins tomorrow.  I am finally done with all of the general company and nursing orientation, and will start my first day on the floor at 7am.  I'm a little nervous and anxious because it's been so long since I've worked in the hospital (my last clinical was Nov 14!), but mostly I'm excited.  A part of me never thought I'd get to this point, because the last year has been so challenging.  I never doubted that I would do well in nursing school, but I doubted I would survive our first year in the military.  But here I am, ready to face anything and everything thrown my way head on.  I can survive anything- WE can survive anything- and the more challenges we face together, the closer and stronger we are.

I can do this.  I'll never stop missing Nick or counting down the days until he comes home, but I will survive our first deployment.  Every day will get a little better than the day before, because I will be one day closer to being with my husband again.  Whether we endure one deployment or twenty, we will make it.





"It's not going to be easy.  It's going to be really hard.  And we're going to have to work at this every day.  But I want to do that because I want you.  I want all of you, forever, every day."  ~the Notebook

You Might Also Like

0 comments: