all mixed up

12:51:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Luckily after not talking to Nick for 4 days I've heard from him 3 times in the last 2 days.  I love hearing his voice.  What I don't love is not knowing how I'll feel after his phone call. Sometimes it puts me in a great mood and sends me on a high for hours... and sometimes it makes me miss him even more than I already did.  It's completely unpredictable.  After his call this morning I'm feeling okay, but also feeling like it will be an eternity before he's finally home again.  It's only been 3 weeks since we said goodbye for the last time in Mississippi, and it feels more like 3 months.  

Tonight I'm going out with my friend Laurie for a much-needed girls' night.  Our husbands are in the same ARNG unit and deployed together right now.  It will be great to see her- I haven't seen her since our caravan home from Mississippi- but I'm also a little worried because we naturally talk about what we're going through.. and that is likely to make my weekend a little sad and depressing.  It's not that i don't love to think and talk about Nick, but sometimes it's easier to just forget what's going on right now.  At the same time it's nice to have someone to talk to that's going through the same situation... so we'll see how it goes.  Either way I LOVE Laurie, so I'm excited to see her!




You Might Also Like

0 comments: