I'm still here

8:12:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Just when I think I have everything figured out, something happens that changes everything. I was planning on making the 1st part of my move to NC on Friday, but after today I'm not sure I'll be moving to NC anytime soon. I received an amazing job offer at Centennial in Nashville this afternoon. Given everything going on right now, I don't feel like I have much of a choice but to take it. It is an AMAZING offer, and a job that I really think I would enjoy to start my career off right. I know there will be a lot of disappointed people in Winston, but I also know of a few girls in Nashville that will be jumping up and down when they hear the news.

I should be celebrating right now, but I have so many mixed emotions about my new plans. I'm relieved to have a job, excited to be working on an awesome unit with a great manager, anxious to finally begin my career, sad about not knowing when I will be in NC again, and depressed at the thought of spending any more time away from my family. I was so excited about moving back home. I had started planning the little things to fill my days... taking my nieces to the movies, or mall, or anywhere else they wanted to go... learning to scrapbook from the craft master (aka my amazing mom)... driving to Greensboro weekly to see my sister... lunch dates with old friends... babysitting my goddaughter... and just spending more time with my family, in-laws, and my long lost best friend. I know I can still move back home in the future, and there's a good possibility we may do that when Nick returns, but I can't stand another minute away from the town I left behind 8 years ago.

To all my NC family and friends, I'm sorry I got your hopes up. I will miss you all a little longer but I promise many visits in 2010! We'll be Carolinians again before you know it ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments: