3 to 30

9:00:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

3 months until I'm 30. The big 3-0. I'm not heartbroken about turning 30... honestly, I've felt "in my 30s" for quite some time now. But finally reaching that age has me doing a lot of thinking.


 I've always been a planner. Sometime in high school I mapped out my years of early adulthood and made my plan for the future. I would get married at 24 (what was I thinking?!?), have my 1st baby at 26, my 2nd at 28, and my 3rd at 30 (there may have also been a plan for baby #4 at 32!). In reality I got married at 25 (a few months before I turned 26), and I still think I was far too young. But Nick and I had been together for nearly 7 years, so it made sense. We had our 1st, Logan, when I was 28, and Adaleigh at 29. My plan was crazy, but my life hasn't been much different! Baby #3 will NOT be here when I'm 30 (or ever, if you ask Nick), but everything has worked our perfectly and I couldn't be happier.

I don't know where I imagined my career would be at 30. I definitely never imagined I would be a nurse (that decision didn't come until a few years after my first college degree). At times I though I would be finishing up my PhD by 30, by I don't regret life taking a different direction for me. I love my career as a nurse and I'm happy with where I'm at, but I don't put much thought into it these days. I'm grateful for my job, but nothing can compare to raising a family and the pride that comes with having little ones. I have a flexible career that allows success while still being my second priority, and that is nothing short of awesome.

By the age of 30 I will have already bought my first house (and hopefully have already sold it!), and will have moved into our first custom built home if everything goes as planned. We have more debt than I would like, but we're finally on track with our finances and see a lot of hope for our future. We have lived so many places, but finally feel settled and content with where we've landed.


 My children are my world. There is nothing I've ever done that I've been more proud of, and without them nothing else matters. This is truly the life I've dreamed of, and I've never wanted anything more than a family. I welcome my thirties and all the joy and happiness they will bring!



You Might Also Like

0 comments: