2 under 2: 3 weeks down

4:30:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Finally... An update!

Life with 2 under 2 is crazy in the best of ways. It is challenging at times, but so amazing. This is the life I always dreamed of, and I couldn't feel more blessed or grateful for it all.




Logan has continued to go to daycare most days. He doesn't go everyday and I try to pick him up by early afternoon, but we decided it was best to keep him enrolled while I was on maternity leave. We wanted to keep him in a routine while the rest of his world was turned upside down, and he loves school! The socialization has helped his development so much. I'm also not supposed to lift him for the next few weeks, and I can really feel the difference on days that I cheat.




Yesterday I survived my first outing alone with the kids. I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to take an impromptu shopping trip to TJMaxx after picking Logan up from daycare. If I had really thought about it, I would have never gone. But instead of thinking I just did it, and the kids were angels! Logan was a little cranky at the end, but we survived without any major meltdowns. I walked out of there with my head held high. I don't think I could have been more proud if I had just won an Olympic medal.

Logan is really embracing his role as the big brother. He loves nothing more than to kiss all over his little sister. It must be the first thing he does every morning, and the last thing before laying his head down at night. He gets so worried if she cries, and doesn't like for her to be left alone anywhere. I expect things to change when she becomes a little more active and mobile (and capable of "borrowing" his toys), but for now everything is perfect.



Logan has also started warming back up to me since bringing Adaleigh home. He loves to steal a little snuggle time on my lap any chance he gets, and sits as close as possible with his protective little hand on my leg when my lap is already occupied. I've stolen back bath time duty, although Daddy still reads the bed time stories. Everything is falling into place.

I can't quite explain how perfect our family of 4 feels. Life was wonderful with Logan, but I feel like there was always a place waiting for Adaleigh to join us. It's as if I've been waiting my whole life for this exact moment. Everything smells a little sweeter when these two precious babies are around. It usually sounds a little louder, but definitely smells sweeter.



You Might Also Like

0 comments: