dear Logan (6 weeks)
12:25:00 AM Jaclyn Armstrong 0 Comments
No matter what challenges we face together, I hope you always know how much you are loved. Your father and I tried for so long to have you, and you are the greatest thing we've ever had in our lives. Late at night I stare at you, watching you sleep, and I wonder how I ever lived without you. You bring a level of joy and happiness to my life I never thought possible. Even during the worst of your colic, when you screamed for 6 straight hours at night, I never regretted our decision to bring you into this world. There is nothing you could ever do to make us stop loving you. Your smile lights up my world every. single. time. One grin from you and all the problems of the world disappear. My heart has grown so much since you entered this world, and I feel so very blessed every day.
11:15:00 PM Jaclyn Armstrong 0 Comments
They look mad, but only because they were intrigued by a serious show about aliens. Quality daddy-son time.
Logan and Nick share a special bond. One that I will probably never fully understand, but one that I will always cherish and love watching with awe. A boy and his daddy. My life is complete.
dear Logan (1 month old)
1:04:00 AM Jaclyn Armstrong 0 Comments
So much has changed in the last month. You grow so much every day, and I love watching you explore and discover the world around you. There has never been anything in life that has every brought me the happiness that you do every single day.
Here's what you've been up to at 4 weeks:
- You have begun cooing, including a lot of squeaks and squeals along the way. You love hearing the noises you make, and your eyes light up when I talk to you!
- You are finally enjoying your swing and bouncy chair... but usually only for about 10 minutes before you get bored. I can't say I blame you. And those 10 minutes have been a lifesaver for keeping my sanity and managing to get things done during the day.
- Our nights are so much better than just last week. You seem to be getting much better and much less colicky, and I am also learning better and quicker ways to soothe and comfort you. Life is good. You've even managed to sleep for 3-4 hour stretches at night!
- You're still a champion eater, and sometimes I worry I'm starving you because you always seem so hungry. Luckily you're gaining weight perfectly, so I can't be doing too poorly of a job. I let you eat as often and as long as you want, which has made us all happier and made our house so much more peaceful.
- Every day you seem to smile and laugh more than the day before. You wake up so happy in the mornings, and this is when we have our best conversations. Your smiles light up my world, and I'm pretty sure I could spend the rest of my life staring at your handsome face. Happy baby = happy Mama :)
I'm so excited to watch you grow into a handsome young man. We have so much to look forward to!
the sweetest thing
12:40:00 AM Jaclyn Armstrong 0 Comments
my two boys (via instagram)
Unfortunately Nick is only around in the evenings when Logan is at his fussiest after a long day, and the few minutes he gets to spend with him often involve a lot of crying and screaming. Nick spent this week with the Army as opposed to his civilian job, which meant that Friday ended early and he was home by lunchtime. Just in time to catch Logan waking up from a nap... always his happiest time of day. It was the first time Nick had seen this side of Logan, and he couldn't get enough. They played for the longest time, sharing smiles and giggles, and Nick sharing his words of wisdom for Logan's future. I have never seen anything that melted my heart more.
I wish I had a camera with me to capture the moment, but no way was I going to step away for even a minute and miss watching my two favorite boys together. I don't even know how to describe the love I have for them. Despite the things that drive me crazy about my husband, and the endless days and nights of Logan's crying, I can't imagine ever loving anything the way I love them. They truly make life worth living.
- ► 2013 (38)
- ▼ Mar (13)
- ► 2011 (57)
- ► 2010 (65)