the sweetest thing

12:40:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments



my two boys (via instagram)

Now that Logan is a little older and the worst of his colicky days seems to be behind us, we have so much fun during the day. We spend hours smiling, laughing, playing, and watching as he explores the world around him. It is amazing. I don't know if I've ever had more fun in life.

Unfortunately Nick is only around in the evenings when Logan is at his fussiest after a long day, and the few minutes he gets to spend with him often involve a lot of crying and screaming. Nick spent this week with the Army as opposed to his civilian job, which meant that Friday ended early and he was home by lunchtime. Just in time to catch Logan waking up from a nap... always his happiest time of day. It was the first time Nick had seen this side of Logan, and he couldn't get enough. They played for the longest time, sharing smiles and giggles, and Nick sharing his words of wisdom for Logan's future. I have never seen anything that melted my heart more.

I wish I had a camera with me to capture the moment, but no way was I going to step away for even a minute and miss watching my two favorite boys together. I don't even know how to describe the love I have for them. Despite the things that drive me crazy about my husband, and the endless days and nights of Logan's crying, I can't imagine ever loving anything the way I love them. They truly make life worth living.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: