So very grateful

11:02:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I've been having a bit of a pity party for myself lately. I love my son more than life itself, but I've been struggling with endless nights and days with a colicky baby and wondering if and when it will ever get better. Nick received a promotion the same week that Logan was born, so he's been busy working 12+ hours a day, 7 days a week while I've been adjusting and struggling as a new parent... and feeling like a single parent. Nothing has been the way I expected it to be. I never imagined life with a newborn to be easy, but I never thought we would be challenged in so many ways all at once.

I was reading the post of a fellow blogger today and was quickly reminded of how blessed I truly am, and so many ways that life could be worse right now. Logan may be colicky and barely sleeping day or night, but he is here and healthy. For so long I began to think we would never have children, so his presence alone is a dream come true. And while Nick may be working 80 hrs a week and only home for a few hours each day, I am grateful for the time he is here with us and the fact that Logan will be raised with two loving parents in the same home. He may not be here to help with diaper changes and constant screaming, but knowing he will come home each day is enough to keep me going. I always know I have his support and he will do anything for his family.

So while the last 3 weeks might be far from the way I planned them, I wouldn't change anything. This is the life I've dreamed of... the life I hoped for... and for that I am grateful.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: