dear Logan (3 weeks)

10:14:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Dear Logan,
This has been the happiest (and longest!) 3 weeks of my life. You change and grow so much every day, bringing new challenges and joys to our lives. It's amazing how fast the last month with you in our lives has flown by, when it seemed for so long that you would never get here. Now I can't imagine what life without you was ever like.
You have grown from spending your days and nights eating and sleeping, to now spending more and more of your time playing and exploring the world around you. You have found your hands and are discovering all that they can do, from grabbing the toys around you to holding your paci in your mouth. You love to look at your own reflection, even though you probably have no idea that the beautiful baby in the mirror is you. There is little grace in your motions, but I love watching your eyes light up each time you do something new.
You've also developed quite the personality in the last 3 weeks, which has meant a lot more crying and screaming at all hours of the day and night. I'm already convinced you have been cursed with your father's temper. You have taught me a level of patience I didn't know was possible, and we are learning more and more about each other every day. Your personality has also resulted in the happiest moments of my life... each time you gaze at me with those beautiful blue eyes and smile my heart melts.
You recognize your daddy and me and save your best faces and grins for us. You're happiest snuggling in my arms and although it can be exhausting, I love every minute of it. You've spent many of your days and nights cuddled on my chest, and many times it is the only thing that comforts you. It reminds me of the special bond we share, a connection that can never be broken. I'm embracing every minute we have together, just you and me, and I look forward to watching many more milestones in the days to come.
love always,
Mom

You Might Also Like

0 comments: