southern hospitality

6:11:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

My neighbors are awesome. 


My flag is never twisted, I never miss trash day, there’s never a day I come home from the grocery store without at least one person offering to carry my bags inside, and I never discover a problem at my house that a neighbor hasn’t already offered to fix. 


They're kind, generous, and always looking out for me without asking for anything in return. 


They have been this way since the day we moved in, but their kindness reached a whole new level when Nick deployed and they became my protectors and guardians. 


They embraced us in a neighborhood it seemed we would be outcast by several decades. 


My next-door neighbor even adorned his American flag with a yellow ribbon in which Nick’s name and the words “be safe” were carefully printed. 


It is an honor to be a part of this community. 


It seems inevitable that we will leave this home in the months to come, and when I mourn my little lake house it will be their faces that fill me with sadness and grief. 


They are truly one of a kind, and will forever leave me with the true meaning of southern hospitality.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: