lake memories

10:27:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

I had the most amazing time with my family at the lake this weekend.  The two lonely cabins might be small, the air-conditioning non-existent, and the days hot, but it is truly a magical place.



We've been coming to the lake for almost 20 years now, and I've cherished every moment I've spent there.  There's nothing like a peaceful morning on the dock reading with coffee in hand, and only an occasional boat passing by, or an afternoon of skiing and tubing with the wind in your hair, or lazy evenings with endless chatter by the water.



The best moments of my childhood were spent at the lake.  Growing up, my cousins were my best friends.  I would often spend the Summer at my aunt's house growing closer to my cousins everyday, and I loved it.  Illness, careers, babies, and marriages may have gotten in the way recently, but nothing can ever take those memories away from me.


I'm already counting down the days until our lake trip next year.  It's one of the only thing left to keep me close to my family, and in a time when everything seems to be changing, that is truly priceless.  




There's only one thing I would change about my lake trip this year.... I would have stayed longer.  

You Might Also Like

0 comments: