time for change

11:51:00 AM Unknown 1 Comments

I've been living this lazy, sedentary lifestyle for far too long.  I've made excuses from the cold, dreary winter weather to adjusting to my new job, and it's got to stop.  The weather is beautiful and I refuse to feel self-conscious in a bathing suit this year.  I also promised myself to be in the best shape of my life when Nick returned from Iraq, and the clock is ticking.  I'm going to take the dogs on longer walks everyday, dust the cobwebs off my bike, and join a gym.  Instead of having a carefree attitude of being active when I feel like it and when it's convenient, I'm going to schedule it into every day of my life (maybe not every day… I do have to sleep between 12 hr shifts).  I will no longer live in the 95 lb me from the past, but will live in the 105lb me in the (near) future.  I have a healthy plan and realistic goals, and I know it's possible.  I may find that I like the few extra curves that 115lbs allows, but I will make that choice when the time comes.  I'll never know if I like 105lbs unless I get there.  And for those reading this and thinking I'm on my way to looking like a starving Hollywood starlet, I'm only 5'1".  I have no intention of looking like a skeleton, but I miss the toned, athletic body of my teens and early-20s.  Maybe my body doesn't want or isn't capable of being quite that small, but I'm going to do everything in my power to try.  And I am stubborn.  So those 20lbs that joined me since moving to Tennessee better get ready to run and never come back.

circa 2002

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think you're beautiful now! But best of luck reaching your goal--I know you can do it.

    ReplyDelete