just me & the dogs. again.

6:20:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

sunshine, the lake, cookouts, and quiet nights with my family... I can't think of a better way to spend Easter weekend.

infrared wall at the Adventure Science Center

My parents and nieces made the trip to Nashville last weekend, and I loved every minute of it.  We talked, laughed, got sun-burned (ok, maybe that was just me), and had a GREAT time.  Well, at least I did... I hope they agree :)

Dad, Avery, & Mom at the Adventure Science Center


Kealy, Me, & Avery


Now that they're gone and it's just me and the dogs again, the house seems eerily quiet.  It makes me miss Nick even more, and makes me ready to leave Nashville.  I love the big lights and excitement of this country city that has embraced me for the past five years, but somehow I don't feel any real connection here any more.  I love my friends and the amazing relationships I have welcomed into my life in Tennessee, but they can never replace the comfort of family.  I would love to pick up the phone and invite our parents over for dinner, the very same night, or drive to my sister's house just to talk because I'm having a bad day.  I want to be there to watch my nieces grow into beautiful young women, and have our parents close by to watch every minute of our own children grow.  There is so much uncertainty for our lives in the next few years, and unfortunately it doesn't look like a life in North Carolina will happen anytime soon.  If Nick calls tonight to tell me he's found a way to move us back to NC when he comes home, rest assured that my house in Nashville will be empty tomorrow with a For Sale sign in the front yard.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: