dear Logan

3:37:00 PM Unknown 1 Comments

Dear Logan,

Any day now you will make your grand arrival into this world.  And when you do, you will need me.  I will be your provider of food and comfort, the one to watch over you and keep you safe, and the one you turn to for everything you need in this world.  But to be honest, I will need you too.  More than you will ever know.

I need you to bring joy and happiness into my life, to remind me that all of the challenges and struggles have been worth it.  I need you to give me purpose on a path I have so aimlessly walked, and give me a reason to hold my head high and remember that everything happens for a reason.  I will need your laughter and smiles, your innocence as you explore the world around you, and your pleasure with the little things in life.  I need you to bring me back to a time when everyday was happy and fulfilling, for no reason other than being alive.

For all that you will do for me, I promise to strive every day to be the best mother to you that I know how to be.  I promise to live each and every day for you; to teach you right from wrong, to learn to enjoy every minute that's given to you, and to always look for the good in those around you.  I promise that this journey we take together will lead to a better life for both of us, a life without regrets, a life where mistakes and challenges lead us to something better than we ever imagined.  I promise for everything you give to me, I will give you back even more.

The life ahead of us if full of so many possibilities, and I grow more and more impatient every day to begin this journey with you.  You are the sunshine I have waited my whole life for, and the reason I have done everything and come this far.  There will never be anything I am more proud of than you.  Every little kick you give me is a reminder of what is to come, and to enjoy every moment we have together.  I can't wait to lay my eyes upon your beautiful face.

With the greatest love always,
Mom

You Might Also Like

1 comment: