39 weeks

10:20:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments



I have officially made it to 39 weeks (these pictures were taken at 38 weeks), and I can't say that I'm thrilled about it.  After working long hours on my feet for so long I was sure I would deliver early, and as each day goes by it becomes less and less likely.

I am filled with so many emotions right now, but mostly excitement and anxiety about what is to come.  For a type A, obsessive-compulsive planner, there is nothing worse than having no idea and no control over when and how labor will begin.  I'm so anxious to get it over with, and nervous that I will not end up with the birth experience I'm hoping for.  I am also terrified of having to be induced, but as of now that is still another 3 weeks away.  I am also obviously so excited for Logan to be here... I can spend hours imagining holding him in my arms and kissing the sweet little face of his daddy.

So much of our lives is about to change, and I am overwhelmed with impatience for what is to come.  The clock seems to move a little slower each day, and at times it feels like the world stops for hours.  I fluctuate between feeling like there is nothing more I can do to prepare for Logan's arrival, to feeling like I am no where near being ready for him to come home.  So I clean a little more, reorganize one more time, and continue waiting, and waiting... and waiting. 

I try so hard to cherish the time we have left, just Logan and I, with him snuggled in the comfort of my belly and no cares or worries in the world.  He is truly a miracle, and despite my impatience and discomfort I can't imagine a greater feeling in the world.


You Might Also Like

0 comments: