oh sundays

10:13:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

If there's one thing I remember about the 14 weeks of basic training, it's that Sundays without Nick are the worst. I'm not really sure why... I don't know if it's the loneliness of ending a week without him, the fear of starting a new week without him, or just knowing that we usually spent our lazy Sundays together sitting around and watching football or movies. No matter what the reason, I always miss Nick the most on Sundays.

I have something to look forward to this week... something great. My pinning ceremony is Thursday and I will officially be a nursing school graduate after the ceremony on Friday. It doesn't even seem real. I'm excited, but I will be much more excited when I take the NCLEX and actually receive my license as a registered nurse. I would also probably be more excited if Nick was going to be at graduation... or if any of my family was going to be at graduation. Luckily I have a lot of wonderful friends in Nashville that will be there to support me, and hopefully help me forget that Nick is not there. I'm being pinned with Nick's mother's nursing school pin, which is pretty much the coolest thing ever. Hopefully there will also be another nurse in our family in the future that can be pinned with the same pin as well. There's so much hard work and determination behind a nursing pin, and only a nurse can truly appreciate graduation from nursing school. It's unlike any other undergraduate degree.

Now back to watching a movie, crocheting, and drinking coffee... because that's what Sundays are for.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: