dear Logan (2 years)

10:56:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments



my dear, sweet Logan,

You are TWO!

From the moment we brought you home, you have filled our lives with laughter and smiles. Your happiness and confidence are inspiring, and I'm so proud to call you mine. The fun is never ending, and my heart grows with every passing day as your mom.

Sometimes I think that I couldn't love you more, and then I wake up the next morning and find that I do. The love you have for your mama gives me a feeling I never knew before I met you. I cherish the feeling of your arms wrapped tightly around my neck, with the weight of your head resting on my shoulder. The gentleness of your fingers wrapped tightly around mine lets me know that this is exactly what life is all about. You are proud of me in a way I never expected, and the smile on your face when you tell every passerby that I'm your mama brings tears to my eyes. You have given me more love than I ever deserved.

I want to capture the sweet sound of your voice as you learn the world around you, the silly songs we sing in the car, the sound of your bare feet running across the hardwood floor, the shrieks and cries when you can't stand the tickling any longer, every word and phrase that flows from your lips, the look of awe and excitement on your face as you discover something new, the way in which your whole body nods along to a purposeful "yes"... It's all moving by so fast and I can't hold on.

Your sister adores you in a way that only a little sister could understand (and you're quite fond of her, too). I watch the bond grow between you every day, and I know that I'm witnessing something magical. I can see the love in your eyes as you practice patience and compassion in every moment you share. You wear your heart on your sleeve. No lock or barricade could protect your sister more than having you in her life.

There aren't enough words to express what you mean to me. There has never been a moment I didn't want to share with you. You make even the most mundane days the best of my life. You will forever hold the key to my heart.

love always & forever,
Mama

You Might Also Like

0 comments: