happy birthday little man!

6:27:00 AM Unknown 0 Comments

Since it's almost March, and Logan is almost 13 months old, I thought it might be a good time to share some pictures from his birthday party (better late than never, right?). The lighting was pretty terrible and I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I hoped, but I really loved the way everything came together. I focused on the food (learned from my wedding planning days), and didn't plan a lot of elaborate decorations. The best parties are all about good friends & family, and celebrations of love. Which is exactly what we did.

custom invitations from Vintage Sweet Designs on Etsy

One thing I didn't plan on? Waking up to a blanket of snow on Groundhog Day. Luckily it melted quickly, and only stopped a few people from joining the party.

Of course our theme was airplanes, and I had a lot of help with the decorations. Mom arrived late Friday night with the banner made, and stayed up until 1am securing each of my thousands of photos for the other banners. Together with my Dad they brought everything to life the next morning, filling the clubhouse room with streamers and balloons and as many pictures of Logan as I could find. I used a few airplane props from his bedroom for the final touches.


The room was overflowing with pictures of Logan... exactly what I wanted. I used Printicular to print all of our instagram photos at Walgreen's, and printed some (about 100?) of my favorite photos of Logan's first year. Inspired by this photo from Pinterest, I hung the pictures with clothespins. Simple and colorful. 






Always the control freak, I insisted on making each and every platter of food on my own. I spent all day Friday in the kitchen, and most of Saturday morning, too. Thank you, Pinterest, for lists that never stop growing and endless ideas that I have to try.




smoky cheese ball recipe here







A few years ago I hosted a baby shower for a dear friend of mine, and decided to make my own buttercream frosting for the cupcakes even though I only owned a hand mixer. Never again. This time I opted for boxed cake mix, and premade frosting from Publix. Best decision I ever made. And at least they were pretty?




I also went simply and easy for Logan's smash cake (which he hated, by the way). Funfetti boxed cake mix, and funfetti frosting. And the cutest airplane candle holder from Amazon (here).


 I totally planned for and expected cute smash cake pictures. Boy, was I wrong. He enjoyed the singing and being the center of attention, and flying his airplane around, but that's about it. He wanted nothing to do with his cake. And when we forced him to try a little frosting so he could see what he was missing, it was all over. He screamed and cried, and threw up the nacho cup he had enjoyed not long before. Definitely not the pictures I hoped for!







The little ones had a great time at the party. So many little cuties! 









Overall, the party was a success and exactly what I hoped for. Happy birthday to my sweet little boy! Here's to many more years of celebrations with friends and family. 
 photo signature.png

You Might Also Like

0 comments: