I hate silence

10:59:00 PM Unknown 0 Comments

The last few days have been a little better, but I think it has more to do with the distraction of school than getting used to him being gone. Today was my second day without a letter from him. He warned me that when they officially started basic he wouldn't have time to write for a while, but that doesn't make it any easier. I can only imagine the look on my face when I opened an empty mailbox for the second day in a row. I hope he's enjoying everything that he's going through, and I hope that he is safe. Silence always worries me.
I'm tired of spending the nights alone, I'm tired of wedding planning alone, I'm tired of the silence in the house, and I'm tired of waking up next to Kilo instead of him. I can't imagine the day that he is deployed overseas and I'm forced to live without him for 12 months. I can't seem to make it for 2 weeks; how could I ever make it for a year? I think that's the hardest thing through all of this... knowing that when he finally comes back to me he will inevitably leave again. I've decided that life as a military wife sucks.

You Might Also Like

0 comments: